Tuesday, October 04, 2005

CROSBY’S DEBUT DRAWS UNPRECEDENTED MEDIA COVERAGE

Sid the Kid prepares for his debut. Who is more excited? the media, or Sidney? I'm sure Sidney is excited, but he's played in so many big games already in his young career that he's probably well prepared.

From Joe Sager of Pittsburghpenguins.com

Since the end of July, the hockey world’s focus has been on Pittsburgh. From the Penguins winning the NHL Draft Lottery and selecting Sidney Crosby to bringing in big-name free agents and building a contender.

That focus shifts to New Jersey on Wednesday night as the revamped Penguins make their debut at 7:30 p.m. against the Devils. However, the majority of the eyes will be on No. 87 – it’s an NHL debut many have anticipated for years, including Crosby.

“Your first game is something you always remember,” he said. “That’s the one I have dreamed about since I first started playing.”

Crosby explains that he won’t do anything out of the ordinary for his debut.

“I will think about it when the time comes. I don’t think it’s going to be anything where I am not going to sleep or anything like that, but I am sure I am going to be excited,” he said. “On game day, you always go through a routine. I just have to do the same things I do on every other game day and get ready for the game.”

While Crosby will go through his same routine, the media will go through a totally different one. This game is scheduled to attract an unprecedented level of coverage for any home opener. It will have all the attention – and more – of Game 7 of the Stanley Cup Finals. Although, this contest is in October, not June.







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)