Monday, November 27, 2006

Crosby Injury Update

The latest from PittsburghPenguins.com:

Sidney Crosby is feeling better, but his status remains unknown for Tuesday’s game against the Islanders at Mellon Arena.

The game has a special start time – 7 p.m., which is a half hour earlier than the usual 7:30 p.m. start.

The Penguins star aggressively tested his sore groin at practice Monday at the RMU Island Sports Center.

“I’m not quite 100 percent, but I felt better out there just getting the chance to practice. I didn’t feel too much pain,” he said. “We’ll see how I feel Tuesday. I think I’ll have a better idea then.”

Crosby continued treatment for the injury which kept him off the ice for the team’s last three games.

“I get treatment every day, sometimes twice a day. I am trying to do everything I can to heal as fast as possible,” he said. “When I play, I want to make sure there’s no hesitation, so practice is a good test. It was pretty good today because there was a lot of body contact. When that happens, you’re off-balance and leaning on guys more.”

Crosby is tied for fourth in the NHL in scoring with 30 points (10+20). With only 19 games played so far this season, he is the only player in the top 15 in the scoring race to not have played at least 22 games.
Aggressively tested his groin??? I don't want to know...







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)