Thursday, March 22, 2007

Sidney Swears He's a Good Boy

Oh, man.

From the 'Much Ado About Nothing' Files comes Ottawa coach Bryan Murray, whining about the fact that Sidney Crosby said a few nasty words in his direction.

From the Ottawa Sun:
Penguins superstar Sidney Crosby admitted to the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette that he swore at Senators coach Bryan Murray during Sunday's game at Mellon Arena, but he didn't mean any disrespect.

"I might have said, 'What (expletive) are you looking at?' Maybe, I don't remember the exact (wording)," said Crosby. "I'm sure I use the odd swear word when I'm on the ice ... But by no means was I targeting Bryan Murray to try to start something."

Crosby disputed Murray's claim that the Senators coach was yelling at referee Don Koharski, not Crosby. Crosby said he couldn't hear what Murray said, but he was screaming at the Penguins player "for sure."

The incident occurred after Murray accused Crosby of taking a dive in what resulted in an interference call on Mike Comrie.

"There's absolutely nothing for me to gain by yelling at another team's coach,'' Crosby said. ''You can ask other coaches. I don't yell at coaches unless I'm being yelled at by the coach.

''(Murray) doesn't mind talking on the bench, let's put it that way. It's not the first time (Murray has said something to Crosby). That's just the way it is. If he wants to say that I'm disrespectful to him -- if he feels he wants to do that -- that's fine, but if he wants to do that, so be it.

"I didn't speak to him until he started making gestures. But what I was saying was, 'Why are you looking at me?' There was absolutely no reason for him to be yelling at me."

Given how hockey players swear every 5-6 words on the ice, this is really a non-story.

It looks like Bryan Murray wanted to get some spotlight, or put Sidney in some negative light, so he made much ado about nothing.

I can't wait until the next Sens/Pens match. Maybe Sidney will come up with a real zinger next time.

Labels: , , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)