Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Sidney vs. Ovechkin Teleconference

Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin had a teleconference together to do some trash talking.

Q. I’d like to ask both players. How much do you guys get up when you face one another in a game? Do you guys consider that like a prime game for both of you just to show what you can do, or show each other what you can do?
SIDNEY CROSBY: I don’t know. I think it’s always a little bit more motivating. You know, from my side I think that it’s built up so much that, in a way you want to respond and make sure you have a good game. But at the end of the night the win is most important. That’s the way I looked at it. But there’s no doubt there seems to be more emotion and intensity when we play each other.
ALEX OVECHKIN: I think Sidney is right. It’s important for us, for our team, to win the game. Of course, Sidney and me want to score goals and have some points, but it’s important for us to win the game.

Q. For both of you. You guys have been compared to each other a lot over the past couple of years. A lot of comparisons saying who’s better. What are your feelings on finally getting to play together?
SIDNEY CROSBY: It will be nice. You know, like you said, there’s always so many comparisons. But for me I think with my game I’m more much a playmaker and I think Alex is more of a shooter. It would be great to be passing to someone like that, so I look forward to that sure for.
ALEX OVECHKIN: Me too. He’s a great player I watch lots of games he plays. He just give the pass, and guys just love to shoot, you know. So I’m looking forward to playing with him.

For the full conference transcript, head on over to Kukla's Korner.







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)