Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Sidney vs. Ovechkin



It's just one game, but already fans of either rookie are digging their heels into the ground in anticipation for this one!

Thanksgiving may be Thursday, but the hockey feast begins Tuesday for fans at Mellon Arena.

And, this smorgasbord features the first of what could be the NHL’s best rivalry for a decade or so.

Move over Mario Lemieux and Wayne Gretzky, it’s time for Sidney Crosby and Alexander Ovechkin.

"I don’t think it’s something I am worried about. Everyone is comparing us a lot, but I am not really worried about it. I have to worry about playing my game,” Crosby said. “Yeah, there’s going to be healthy competition there and that’s to be expected with us both being No. 1 picks. It’s going to be cool to have us both out there. It’s not something I am going to turn into me against him, though.”


Oh, Sid, you party pooper. I predict 2 points for Crosby and 1 for Ovechkin. Canada always wins :)







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)