Sunday, October 28, 2007

Pens v Canadiens (L 3-4 SO)

I didn't really get to watch last night's game. Well, I watched it, but I was visiting with my parents, so I spent much of the game explaining the rules to my mom. (She's an avid Steelers fan, and I am thrilled that she has recently been giving hockey a chance.) There's no way I could watch the game closely enough to be qualified to write a good recap today. So instead, here's what the Penguins website (by way of the Associated Press) had to say about it:
One minute after Ryder's goal, Montreal's Alexei Kovalev took a boarding penalty for checking Malkin from behind. Crosby reacted by lunging at him and tackling him to the ice. That resulted in coincidental roughing minors for Crosby and Kovalev, an ex-Penguin.

Sid defends Geno.

Watching their young captain defend his teammate seemed to spark Pittsburgh, which scored twice in the next seven minutes.

[...]

"I think we need to play with more emotion and I think that goal and that power play certainly lifted us a bit and got us back in the game," Crosby said. "I think we rolled on from there."

Sid giving it his all - as usual.

[...]

In the shootout, Pittsburgh's Erik Christensen, Petr Sykora, Jarkko Ruutu, Ryan Whitney and Mark Recchi missed the net and Sergei Gonchar had the puck poke-chekced by Carey Price. Only shots from Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin required saves by Price, who earned his second career victory - both in Pittsburgh.
Just remember: one point is better than none!!! If you want to read a recap written by someone who was actually at the Mellon, head on over to ThePensblog.com.

I also wanted to tell you about two things on Taking One for the Team. First up, proprietor Loser Chris will be featuring a "Fight of the Week" on the sidebar to the right of the page. He will be updating it every Friday. This week's fight is the harsh beating the Chicago Blackhawks' David Koci received from the Boston Bruins' Zdeno Chara. BE FOREWARNED: It's nasty. Second, he has created some custom Sidney Crosby covers for NHL 08 games for both the Playstation 2 and the XBOX 360 versions. All you'll need to do is print one out, and slip it in the case on top of the current cover!

I'm late on this next thing. Do you remember when I told you about the AskMen.com poll for the Top 49 Men of 2007? Well, our man Sid came in at number 34. Check it out here.

The Pens don't play again until Tuesday, when they face the Minnesota Wild. I'll be recapping that one as I usually do. :)

Labels:







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)