Monday, March 03, 2008

Sid Talks About His Injury and The Trade

* * * LATE EDIT: Additional thanks should go out to Friends XDancexxforxxmeX and John C., who also sent me the link for this article as I was writing my post. :) * * *

Good Friend of The Show Cassie C. sent in a link to an article by Joe Sager for the Pens' website. In it, we get a pseudo-update on Sid's condition:
Sidney Crosby is hitting the road with the Pittsburgh Penguins. But, he’s not sure when he’ll return the lineup. Crosby went through a successful on-ice optional practice session Monday morning at Mellon Arena.

[...]

Crosby, who suffered a high-ankle sprain Jan. 18, was happy to get back on the ice with some of his teammates. However, he’s not sure when he’ll be able to return for game action.

Understatement of the month: I can't wait to see Sid back in action!

“I feel pretty good. I haven’t really had a chance to do much contact. With the way the schedule is, we don’t really practice. We’re pretty much practicing on game days and that’s it,” he said. “So, as an injured guy trying to get back, it’s a little difficult to gauge where you’re at because you’re not really practicing with contact and stuff like that. So, the tough part is knowing when it’s time and also, when it is time, making sure that your skills are there and everything is ready to go. I am not sure where I’m at right now, but time will tell.”
Okay. We've heard this song and dance before, but I must say, after that whole disappearance act he pulled recently, I'm just happy to hear that he's skating again! Soon, though. I just keep telling myself "He'll be back soon." However long it takes, you have to look at the bright side: at least we're nearing the light at the end of the tunnel!!!

Also in the article, the Saint FINALLY talks about The Trade:
He’s just happy to get back with the team and hit the road, even though it will be his first voyage without longtime roommate and close friend Colby Armstrong.

“For sure. It gets long watching games here and not traveling. It’s going to be a little different on this trip,” he said. “I’ve been pretty used to having Army beak me for three years on the road and be in my ear, so it’s going to be a little different, but at the same time, it’s going to be nice being with the guys and to get back in that atmosphere.”

[...]

Army hams it up for the Winter Classic team photo shoot.

“It was mixed emotions definitely,” Crosby said. “To get a player like [Hossa], it’s a great opportunity for our team to do some damage, especially up front. Definitely, as players, we have to make sure that we see this opportunity and try to take advantage of it.”

[...]

Still, someone will have to fill Armstrong’s playful role as the person who keeps Crosby on his toes.

“I am sure someone will step up, but not quite to Army’s level, I don’t think,” Crosby said with a laugh. “I couldn’t go a minute without him throwing something in my face. It’ll be a little easier, but I am sure he’ll still remind me.”
So, anyone wanna bet who that person will be? You can leave your guesses in the comments section, but MY money is on MAD MAX TALBOT!!!

Remember this?

Click here to listen to today's interview (03-03-08) featuring Sidney Crosby with Joe Sager. Thanks a bunch for the link, Cass!!! :) :) :) :) :)

Labels: , , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)