Monday, March 22, 2010

Pens v Wings

First the good news: Android users rejoice!! We are the first to get the OFFICIAL Pittsburgh Penguins App! :D :D :D :D :D

Fear not - I know it's coming soon for iPhone and Blackberry users, too. I'm sure because the Motorola Droid (the model I have) is the shining star of the Verizon Wireless smartphone collection and the fact that Verizon is a major sponsor of the Pens (and I think the entire NHL as well) is what prompted them to release it to us first. I installed it this morning, and it's AWESOME. It gives you instant access to scores, stats, videos, and much more. The only thing missing is a real-time score widget. I plan to let them know about that since they are requesting feedback. ;) To get it, just go to the Apps Market and type in "Pittsburgh Penguins Mobile." Oh, and did I mention it's FREE??? :D

I suppose I could create a screenshot of my own, but instead I hijacked this one directly from the Pens' Facebook page out of pure laziness. Why reinvent the wheel, right? :-P

Now for the bad news: Geno is out. It is said that he aggravated his foot injury in overtime in Saturday's Canes match. :( He left practice after only a few minutes. Also not at practice was Matt Cooke. Head Coach Dan Bylsma called it a "maintenance day."

Tonight the Pens are in Detroit to take on the Red Wings. You may recall what happened the last time the Boys paid a visit to the Joe Louis Arena:


GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)