Friday, November 25, 2005

"Slap me silly, Sidney"

Jovial expressions or latent sexual fantasies??

Neil Stevens of the CP reports:

"Slap me silly, Sidney."

Mike Lange, the play-by-play man for broadcasts of Pittsburgh Penguins games, has this or something similarly catchy to say every time Sidney Crosby scores a goal. "My father used to say, 'Slap me silly,"' says Lange. "It popped out of my brain" while dreaming up something fresh to throw at viewers.

Canadians are hearing more and more of Lange's creative phrases during this NHL season because Crosby is invariably in most highlight packages.
Full article here.







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)