Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Catching up with Sidney

Willy Palov of the Halifax Chronicle Herald has a great Q&A with our favourite rookie.

Check it out here!

The highlights...

WP: I’m not going to go over all the whining and other stuff that people accused you of this year, but if you had the chance to set the record straight on anything, is there anything that you would do that with?

SC: No, not at all. I think there’s no hiding that I play with emotion and sometimes that does lead to me saying something or to penalties. But no, I play with passion and emotion and I can’t change that. I think that it’s probably something that’s viewed more as something I do just because there’s probably more attention on me than maybe other guys who might do the same thing. So I understand that and I’m willing to admit that, but at the same time I don’t think I do anything that’s outside the ordinary of what other guys do. I can’t change that but it’s something I’m working on because I want to make sure I focus on playing hockey because that’s when I’m at my best. But sometimes I’m still going to get emotional.

...


WP: Which player would you say was the hardest guy to play against? How about you pick a forward first because I’m sure there were a few guys that shadowed you. Was there anyone who did a better job than the others or got under your skin a little more than the other guys did?

SC: I wouldn’t say he got under my skin, but a guy who was just a good, solid defensive player was (New Jersey’s) John Madden. He plays a great defensive game, he can skate, he’s strong and he’s still a threat offensively when you’re playing against him so he’s a complete player and a tough guy to play against.

...

WP: What about (Philadelphia coach) Ken Hitchcock?

SC: I don’t really know much about him. I just know that he called me a diver.

WP: So would you have any kind of personal message for him then?

SC: No, not at all. I don’t have anything against him. He has his opinion and I’m not going to hold anything against him, really.

WP: Another guy that called you a name — a crybaby, or something like that — was (Ottawa’s) Daniel Alfredsson. What about him?

SC: No, same thing. I don’t get into that stuff and it’s not something I’m going to start doing. Those guys can give their opinion and that’s fine. Like I said, I’m not going to hold anything against them.







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)