Friday, November 03, 2006

Mark Cuban Regrets Not Buying Penguins

Mark Cuban, owners of the NBA's Dallas Mavericks, in his own blog, remarks about how he missed the boat on the Penguins and how much he enjoys Crosby and the gang's performances.

Blog Linkage:
I already know that not creating my own ownership group to buy the Penguins will go down as a huge mistake. There are only so many hours in the day, and I didnt have the time, or the expertise in hockey to do it right. My mistake.
Well, if you didn't spend 5 hours a day whining about the referees in the NBA, perhaps you would have had time.

Im still an NBA junkie first and foremost, but a long time NHL fan as well. When the Mavs were in Pittsburgh to play the Cavs in a preseason game, I snuck in to Mellon Arena and managed to catch the last period of the Pens - Devils game. Hockey games are fun to go to. Watching the NHL on HDNet is great. But what I say in just 1 period in Pittsburgh was the most exciting glimpse of NHL greatness I have ever seen.
So, you are a millionaire and you snuck into the arena? Can't buy a ticket like the rest of us peons, eh?

In the 3rd period of a 3-2 game, Malkin took a bullet pass straight to the stick from Sid the Kid Crosby, did a cross over move with a puck, that if Allen Iverson would have done it with a basketball, would have broken several ankles, split two defenders, nothing but net.
Crossovers in the NBA are so passe and common. It's 100x harder in hockey.

I'm a Stars and Pens season ticket holder and have been going to hockey games since I was a kid. This was the first time I literally just stood, my jaw dropping in amazement and just shook my head. The most amazing goal I had ever seen. The entire arena stood and every one just looked at each other with that "Are you kidding me" look. I was with Al Whitley, the Mavs equipment manager who is from Vancouver and we just looked at each other and laughed. It seemed like a minute before the crowd actually cheered. Thats how amazing it was.
Such is the greatness of Crosby. Go to his blog if you want to read the whole she-bang.







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)