Friday, November 02, 2007

Pens v Avs (L 2-3)

UGH!!!!!!!! This is not how I wanted TSCS's 500th post to end up. Remember I told you that I'd miss last night's game? I stayed up later than I should have and watched the first period. Sid scored twice, and the entire team looked really good. When I went to bed, it was the beginning of the second period, the score had the Penguins leading the Avalanche 2-0, and the Pens were going on a power play (that actually ended up becoming a 4-on-4 due to a penalty on Malkin). What a let down to wake up to the 2-3 loss! Here's part of the account from the Penguins' website:
Skating to the left of the right post, Crosby sent a backhander through the crease that caught Brett Clark's left skate an trickled past Theodore to make it 1-0 with 9:39 remaining in the first period.

"It just comes down to bounces because you need things to go right for you to have a streak like this," Crosby said. "I mean tonight I got a goal off a guy's skate."

Sabourin used his mask to make his best save of the period. Marek Svatos's wrist shot went off two players and Sabourin's mask before bouncing to the corner with 6:25 left.

It was a two goal night for this guy.

With Pittsburgh on the power play, Evgeni Malkin's pass from the left circle set up Crosby's second goal of the night with 1:53 left in the first. Crosby blasted a one-timer from the slot into the net.

"I got a great pass from Malkin," Crosby said. "The guy that makes the pass ought to get a lot of credit too."
And don't forget: you can always get a good recap from the guys at ThePensblog.com.

Switching gears now, a commenter known only as "Y" left us a link to a website the other day for the out-of-towners who can't get Pens games from their cable providers. You can give it a shot by visiting the MyP2P website. I am not exactly sure how this works, as I get both FSN Pittsburgh and Versus from my cable provider, but it's worth the time to learn how to use it if you want to see Sir Sidney in action FOR FREE. The next game is on Saturday versus the New York Rangers. The madness ensues at 7:00 pm Eastern.

Labels: ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)