Friday, December 07, 2007

Pens v Flames (W 3-2 SO)

WOOOOO!!! I'm torn. I'm a little perturbed that I missed another good one, but I'm super psyched for another win! Yesterday I had a little time and space to do a pseudo-recap for Wednesday night's game. But that was before my inbox exploded with emails from several Friends of The Show with great videos, articles, and tidbits - so many, in fact, that I am going to have to break this one down into a series. First things first, though: check out Shelley Anderson's recap of last night's game against the Calgary Flames. Also of note, goaltender Marc-Andre Fleury left the game with an injury. I'll post updates on that as I find them.

Sid celebrates a goal in Calgary.

Before the Edmonton game, I provided you with former Oiler Petr Sykora's take on the Sidneymania that's happening in Canada's western cities. Now after the Calgary game I've got former Flame Gary Roberts's take on the circus that's been following the Saint up north:
"The Sidney Crosby Show is coming to Calgary," exclaims former Flame Gary Roberts. "Oh ... my ... god. It's going to be a gong show."

Roberts grins mischievously. "And here I thought you came all this way to talk to me."

Well, uh, no slight intended, but ... no. Crosby's upcoming first visit to Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver since turning pro and validating the claim to superstar status is taking on the aura of a papal visit.

The Sid the Kid Experience is the hottest ticket to be had.
Roberts just keeps giving me more and more reasons to love him. First he plugs The Show. (← HA HA! Wow. I can't even type that with a straight face.) And then, he mocks the media to the media! That reporter is actually lucky that a sarcastic remark was all that he got from GR.

The trip west seems to be agreeing with the Pens.

CHRISTMAS ALERT: Didn't find the perfect gift on TSCS's holiday shopping guide? Well, you're in luck! The Penguins' wives and girlfriends have designed and stuffed a stocking for each team member that you can now bid on. Some interesting tidbits I learned from checking them out: MAF (or maybe his girlfriend) has awesome taste in TV shows, Colby Armstrong's includes the movie "Dumb and Dumber," Roberts's stocking has a gift certificate for Whole Foods grocery store, Georges Laraque's stocking comes with (wait for it) boxing gloves, and Mad Max Talbot's stocking is stuffed with "Shrek the Third," "Napoleon Dynamite," and "Along Came Polly" DVDs. You'll have to be the winning bidder to find out what is in Sid's stocking. Those presents are all wrapped, so I don't have a scoop for you there.

Friends of The Show Cassie C. and Lynn R. both sent in this tip: If you visit Mark Madden's page on the ESPN website, you can find a podcast of Madden's interview with Sir Sidney. (They talk about all kinds of stuff - including whether or not Sid has any tattoos!)

Sid skates in Calgary.

If you didn't see your submission listed here today, rest assured it will definitely be used in the immediate future. Like I said, I got TONS of good stuff from you guys yesterday, so a big THANKS to you all for sending it my way. Check back here later tonight for something special courtesy of Friend of The Show Mike H...

Labels: ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)