Saturday, March 22, 2008

Sid to Return Soon???

I got this tip from a comment left by prflyerchik in the last post. The headline of this story on the Penguins' website is "Crosby's Ankle Getting Stronger," which is good news indeed! It's getting so strong, in fact, that the Saint may be rejoining the Pens' lineup perhaps during this next set of road games:
The strength in Sidney Crosby’s right ankle keeps improving.

And so do his chances of returning to the Penguins’ lineup soon.

Crosby, who had skated alone before practice the past couple days, joined his teammates for Saturday’s morning skate at Mellon Arena. While he won’t be in the lineup Saturday night, he believes he’s close to a return.

We're all more than ready for you to come back, Sid!!!

“I am still trying to practice and get in game shape, but I feel a lot better than I did a week ago, for sure,” he said.

Crosby will accompany the Penguins for their upcoming two-game roadtrip to New York on Monday and New Jersey on Tuesday and it’s possible he could play in one of those games or just continue practicing with his teammates.

“I am going to go on the road, but I am not sure. You never know? It’s really how I feel,” he said. “It’s when I feel good enough to go. Lately, I have been feeling pretty good. So, hopefully I keep improving in the next few days. It’s really depending on that, but I don’t think it’ll take me as long as before.”
Thanks for the good news, prflyerchik!!! :)

Today's photo comes courtesy of good Friend of The Show Pensgirl. She took that sweet shot at the Pens/Canes game on October 14, 2006. What a pic!

Labels: , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)