Monday, February 01, 2010

Pens v Sabres

I missed posting for yesterday's afternoon game because I took an impromptu road trip up north with the Red Baron to visit my sister this weekend. (The Greyhounds stayed behind with woodstock.) It was a much needed do-nothing-but-chill kind of visit, you know what I mean?

But tonight I'm all about this game. Our Boys face the Buffalo Sabres for the third time this season. It also marks the third installment of my bet with co-worker Johnny Sabre. I don't think I can make it through another day wearing that Sabres sweater, so send all the positive vibes you can to Pittsburgh!!


It's been more than four months and DirecTV customers (like me) still have no Versus channel. We have XM Radio, and I was listening to The Gary Bettman Hour a few weeks ago when he promised an impending resolution. (Hmm... I wonder if he knows what the word "impending" means?) I'm not a patient person by any stretch of the imagination, and the wait for a resolution is killing me. Happily, I discovered that I won't miss any Olympic hockey, but I'm starting to worry that we're going to miss out on a huge chunk of playoff hockey coverage this spring if DirecTV and Comcast don't grow the eff up and work this out.

Speaking of the Olympics, I found this NBC website that has the complete schedule (including times and channels based on your zip code and cable provider) and a cool little extra: an "Alert Me" reminder so you can sign up for a text message reminder! If any of you are as discombobulated as I have been lately, these will be an absolute Godsend to make sure you don't miss anything good. :)


They wouldn't trade either of these guys. ...would they?! :-/

I have to admit that I was mildly taken aback by the Capitals' decision to trade team Captain Chris Clark last month. But the trade of Dion Phaneuf surprised the heck out of me! What he said is true: "If Wayne Gretzky can be traded, anyone can be traded." The only thing more shocking to come from this weekend was news that Super Mario (may have) offered to buy the Pittsburgh Pirates — and was turned down!!!


Who could possibly say no to HIM?!

Okay, now it's time to watch the game online (www.atdhe.net) and WIN THAT BET.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)