Friday, April 14, 2006

Crosby's going to the World Championships!


Great news for Team Canada and Sidney Crosby fans are our boy will be dressing up for Canada at the 2006 World Championships in Riga, Latvia. Sir Sidney will be premiering in the senior group after a very successful junior 'career' with our national squad.

From TSN.ca:
Pittsburgh Penguins rookie Sidney Crosby confirmed Thursday that he will play for Team Canada at the 2006 IIHF World Hockey Championship.

Crosby has said for weeks he expected to play in the tournament, which begins May 5 in Latvia.

"I don't really know any of the details. I was just asked if I was interested in playing," Crosby told the Pittsburgh Tribune Review.

"I don't mind having a little bit of an extended season. It's tough not being in the playoffs."
With the Penguins, Canucks, and Blues out of the playoffs, I'll likely be watching the WC's a lot more closely than I usually do. I expect Sidney will do just as well as he has been in the NHL, and score at about a point-a-game pace. Unlike some of the other scruffy old men, Sidney's enthusiasm should shine through and help carry Team Canada to another gold ;)







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)