Sunday, August 17, 2008

Ryan Whitney and I Now Have Something in Common

Ryan Whitney has had successful foot surgery. From The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review:
Ryan Whitney's critics have considerably less ammunition today. Turns out, the defenseman skated on one healthy foot last season.


Whitney, whose point total dropped from 59 in 2006-07 to 40 last season, underwent surgery to correct a left-foot misalignment Friday in Charlotte. Full recovery from the procedure, an osteotomy, [snoop: you don't have to worry about clicking that link - there are no pictures of the surgery] usually takes three to five months.
As someone who has gone through multiple foot surgeries, I can say with authority that the next few months will be painful and difficult for Whit. I feel so bad for him. I honestly can't tell you whether the surgery itself or the physical therapy that follows is worse because they're both AWFUL. Actually, I think the therapy is worse because you've got some smiling jerk (apologies to any and all Friends of The Show who happen to be physical therapists) pushing you to keep doing exercises that force your body to move in a way that usually causes "great discomfort" repeatedly. ...Though, I owe my therapists a debt of gratitude since without them, I would have spent the rest of my life walking with a pronounced limp. At the end of the day, this is going to give Whit two healthy feet, and that's all that matters.

TSCS wishes Whit a speedy recovery.

On to happier news - Sidney Penguin decided to take another road trip. He left Oklahoma and ended up in Omaha, Nebraska:


While there, he stopped to visit Friend of The Show Janine L.'s adorable little daughter, Melia:


Many thanks go out to Friends of The Show Kellie D., Mike @ Japan, and AustinLovesCrosby for sending the link to the article and to Janine for sharing her Roaming Penguin picture!

Since it's his Show and I've yet to mention him in this post, I figured I'd look to the Saint for today's TSCS's Quote of The Day:
"In this jersey, I promise to play for the logo on the front, not the name on the back."

~ Sidney Crosby
This amazing shot of Sidney comes courtesy of good Friend of The Show Teka of Talk Hockey To Me.

Labels: , , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)