Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Number 1 - Again :)

Siddo topped another list! From the Pens' website:
Sidney Crosby was rated first in The Hockey News rankings of the NHL’s top 50 players. Teammates Evgeni Malkin and Sergei Gonchar checked in at ninth and 28th, respectively.

Crosby resides atop The Hockey News rankings for a second-straight year, despite suffering a severe high ankle sprain that caused him to miss 29 games last season. When healthy, Crosby was a dominant force. He led the NHL in scoring at the time of his injury and still finished the season with 72 points (24+48) in 53 games. His average of 1.36 points per game was nearly identical to Alexander Ovechkin, who captured the NHL scoring title.

He's the leader of the pack.

[...]

The 21-year-old Crosby is nearing some career milestones. He is one goal shy of 100 for his career, five assists shy of 200 and six points away from 300. He enters this season having played in just 213 games.
Kudos to Geno and Sarge for their appearances on the list, as well! Also on the Pens' website today: 2008-09 schedule wallpapers and Outlook/Thunderbird calendar import files.

YAY! You know what this means! It's almost time!!! :D

Today, we have a Roaming Penguin debut. Brooks Penguin headed out of Nashville and made his first stop in Wilmore, KY...


...where he decided to check out Friend of The Show Ali W.'s Penguins decor in her dormroom at Asbury College:

Haha, that Brooksie is SUCH a tourist! ;)

Brooks felt right at home in Ali's dorm.

He even hung out with Ali as she cracked open her books.

Since there are less than four weeks until the regular season kicks off, I want to ask you for your opinions. Longtime Friends of The Show will recall that, at first, I never really planned on doing real recaps last season, as I thought I would totally suck at it. But somehow, I gradually gave in and then started really getting into it and really having fun with The Show's recaps. When I wrote the detailed recaps, I did my best to write them as if I might be helping displaced Pens fans who were unable to see the games visualize in their minds what took place on the ice (albeit from my occasionally biased perspective).

Friend of The Show Scott S. created this logo exclusively for TSCS. (Click to enlarge)

What I need from all of you now is for you to go back and pick maybe 2 or 3 recaps, read them, and then tell me what you think I could do to improve. Are they too long (I can be very wordy)? Are they too detailed? Are they not detailed enough? Am I including too many useless details about the broadcast and not enough about the game itself (or vice versa)? You can either leave your suggestions in the comments section below or email them directly to me. Thanks in advance for your help. :)

I'll leave you with TSCS's Quote of The Day:
"You do that, you go to the box, you know. Two minutes, by yourself, you know and you feel shame, you know. And then you get free."

~ goaltender Denis Lemieux, explaining what happens when a player gets hit with a penalty



Thanks to Ali for her Roaming Penguin pictures and to Scott for the sweet logo banner!

Labels: , , , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)