Thursday, September 06, 2007

The "Special" Patch

Remember that I told you the Pens' new jerseys would include a special patch? Okay. Now remember that I guessed that it would probably be for the Penguins' 40th Anniversary? Yeah, well, I was wrong. The special patch is no more than the city's name and the number 250. Here's a great shot of it that was sent to me by Friend of The Show Yan G. from Trois-Rivieres, Quebec - which, if my four years of high school French serves me well, translates to "Three Rivers" (what a small world!!!):

Max models the new sweater at the Galleria at Pittsburgh Mills. (Click to enlarge for detail)

What an awful patch. It's plain and ambiguous. Tell me - how many of you knew (without anyone explaining it) that the patch is to commemorate the 250th anniversary of the founding of the city of Pittsburgh? UGH!!!

Am I totally wrong in my belief that the "special" patch should have been a patch commemorating the Penguins' 40th anniversary in Pittsburgh? After all, we did come dangerously close to losing them this year - one would think that the fact that we were able to keep the Pens through that 40 year mark would be something worthy of an appearance on the new sweaters.

Labels:







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)