Friday, May 23, 2008

Work = Insane

I'm sorry I didn't post yesterday - I've been trying to get things squared away at work so nothing interferes with my ability to savor watching the Pens go for the Cup next week. (Can you believe that we've only got one more day until this battle gets underway??)



A few quick things for you:

On May 8, 2008, I received the following email from Good Friend of The Show Eighty-Two:
I noticed Malkin's sticks have GINO on the label (during Game 5 telecast). Do we have official word on whether he's GENO or GINO?


I sent him this response:
Are you serious about GINO?! Uh oh. All of Pittsburgh is in trouble then, hahahahaha! I think we all assumed it was GENO because Evgeni is Russian for Eugene... I think all of us (from the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette to the fans) spell it that way. Think of how confused the poor guy is trying to learn English anyways - now we're all spelling his name wrong!!! LOL

I must go hunting for a photo of this stick... If you find one, send it to me.
After a bit of searching, neither of us could find a picture of Evgeni's stick. Enter ThePensblog.com (well, Allison R. from Commentorblog). She obtained the photographic evidence:

OOOOOOHHHHHHH.

Um, whoops! From now on, Mr. Malkin will be identified on The Show by the correct spelling of Gino. Feel free to call me on it if I mess it up now and then. And I must say - big props to Eighty-Two for the good catch! :)

All of today's pictures (unless otherwise noted) came from yesterday's practice. This weekend, their quest resumes.



GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Labels: , , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)