Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Eye Candy

This one's for the ladies...

I haven't ever mentioned here on The Show whether or not I think any of the Penguins players are attractive for two main reasons:
  1. because, as a female hockey blogger, I take more than enough crap for running a Sidney Crosby site because some people just assume that I'm only doing it to try to get close to him or because I have aspirations to marry him. Some of the bigger tools actually think NO woman can love hockey without wanting to bed a player. Anonymous cowards already have no qualms about leaving hateful comments and/or sending emails insulting everything from my writing ability to my knowledge of the game, and I really don't want to give them something else to fuel their vitriol, so I deliberately keep mum on the subject. FYI - True Friends of The Show know it's no secret that I'm already married. We've been together for more than 11 years, wed for almost 8 of them, so the odds are pretty good that I'm going to keep him around. ;)

  2. because, more importantly, I really don't care what they look like so long as they can get that little black puck past a half dozen opponents and into the back of a 6'x4' net - repeatedly.
That said, I am only human, so I don't feel bad at all saying that PittGirl from TheBurghBlog.com is my new heroine. At Monday's practice, some of our Boys decided they'd rather play a game of soccer than skate. A reader of TheBurghBlog.com was in attendance and sent some photos of the soccer game to PittGirl. Oh, and did I mention it was Shirts v Skins? WOW. :D Niiiiice! (Thanks to Friends of The Show Allison Y. and Cathy F. for the links!)

And since I'm still working on editing the rest of the fan photos (there are a lot of them, they're H-U-G-E files, and they need to be cropped, color-corrected, and resized - it's a lot of work!), part 2 is not ready yet. Instead, I'm just going to put up some other great stuff I got from some of our Friends. First, we've got a wallpaper from Friend MichelleInNovaScotia that she put together with screenshots of Siddo from a CBC interview:


Next up, Friend of The Show Kayla A. took this photo...


...and used her pencil to create this lovely drawing:


And finally tonight, this next wallpaper came out of a collaboration between Friends of The Show Jaime and Lizzy. Lizzy took Jaime's favorite picture of Siddo...


...and created a drawing that Jaime then used as the centerpiece for this sweet wallpaper:

(Click to enlarge)


Thanks SO MUCH to Allison, Cathy, MichelleInNovaScotia, Kayla, Lizzy, and Jaime for helping out with today's post.

So it's been, what, 2 years since the Pens last played? They FINALLY get back into action tomorrow when they come home to face the Oilers at 7:00pm Eastern.

GO PENS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LATE EDIT:
Many apologies go out to Friend of The Show MichelleInNovaScotia, whom I misidentified earlier in the post. She is the one who made the red Siddo wallpaper.

Labels: , , , ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)