Friday, August 10, 2007

Giving Out Some Love

I've noticed that recently The Sidney Crosby Show has been getting a lot of love from sites that I like to frequent. You have NO IDEA how happy that makes me. I thought I would use this slow news day as an opportunity to repay the favor and mention some of what I think are the best sites for Penguins updates and/or general hockey talk to get you in the mood for the upcoming season:

I guess I'll get the shameless plugs out of the way first. I write for 2 more blogs. One is called
The Battle of Pennsylvania. It's a source for hockey news from both Philadelphia and Pittsburgh. Take a guess as to which team I write about! ;) Taking One for the Team is another project of mine. Loser Chris and I are both big Pens fans, but no sport is off limits there.

AOL's NHL Fanhouse is home to our own Jes Gőlbez. It's all NHL news and opinion, all the time. And if you like his work here, head on over and check out his other project, Hockey Rants.

The Pensblog features Penguins games recaps, NHL news, Pittsburgh stories, and sometimes pop culture stories with wickedly smart satire. BE FOREWARNED: This one isn't for the faint of heart. Nothing - and I mean NOTHING - is sacred over there.

Empty Netters is the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's hockey blog. For displaced Penguins fans, no blog out there does a better job of recapping the Pens games. Seth Rorabaugh does such a great job giving minute by minute accounts of the action on the ice that it's the next best thing to TV or radio.

The Confluence of the Three Rivers is just a great place for Penguins news and analysis.

These are but a few of the great hockey sites out there. If you're looking for something to do, check out the ones I mentioned as well as a couple of the ones listed in The Sidney Crosby Show's blogroll.

We'll go out on this video of Sid highlights put together by YouTuber
Boogaardfan24 and set to the music of one of my favorite bands, U2. A nice touch: About 2 ½ minutes in, there is a series of clips of our one and only getting scrappy!!!


Labels: ,







Creative Commons License
The Sidney Crosby Show
is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.
(Based on all work at sidcrosby.blogspot.com.)